Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Curl Up With a Book in a Nook

I love technology, it is a great thing, and I could not live without my computer.  However there are some times when it just goes too far.  This little gadget called "Nook" recently got my attention.  It is trying to make books obsolete, why would you want to get rid of perfectly good, solid books that can't run out of batteries.  I understand that it small and convenient and people love their gadgets, I love my gadgets too.  Maybe I'm just a little old fashioned, made to be born in a different century.  But I just think these things are unnecessary.  Don't be deceived by my title, curl up with a real book in an actual nook.  Might as well just get a iPad (you can do more with it at least).

1 comment:

  1. I agree! You simply cannot replicate the smell, feel, and texture that books possess. Nothing feels better than opening up a book and taking a massive whiff. You can almost smell the literature oozing out the pages and into your imagination!!! This product will make this wonderful experience obsolete.. not to mention, many of the "baby boom" generation are not aware of how to operate technological devices such as this. Not to mention, you cannot spill water on this device and expect it to be back to new the next day. Poolside reading would become a dangerous activity with consequences such as electrocution and electric burns (3rd degree).

    ReplyDelete