Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lovely Bones

When I started seeing previews for the Lovely Bones movie, I decided that I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie.  There was so much hype about it and there was even a waiting list at the library, it seemed like many people were in the same boat as I was and I wonder if they had the same reaction as I had.  
It was slow.
It was weird.
The beginning has potential to be a really good book. The middle I found to be only OK, and the end was just disappointing. With 50 pages left in the book, I was still waiting for it to start.  It was not at all what I expected it to be and now I doubt I'll see the movie.  Movies are typically worse than the books, and this book wasn't even all that great to begin with.  Definitely a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment